Header Ads

Breaking News
recent

Guddu Barrage

Guddu Barrage is a barrage on the Indus River near Kashmore in the Sindh province of Pakistan. President Iskander Mirza laid the foundation-stone of Guddu Barrage on 2 February 1957. The barrage was completed in 1962 at a cost of 474.8 million rupees and inaugurated by Field Marshal Ayub Khan.

Guddu Barrage is used to control water flow in the River Indus for irrigation and flood control purposes.

It has a discharge capacity of 1.2 million cubic feet per second (34,000 m³/s). It is a gate-controlled weir type barrage with a navigation lock. The barrage has 64 bays, each 60 feet (18 m) wide. The maximum flood level height of Guddu Barrage is 26 feet (8 m). It controls irrigation supplies to 2.9 million acres (12,000 km²) of agricultural land in the Jacobabad, Larkana and Sukkur districts of Sindh province and the Naseerabad district ofBalochistan province. It feeds Ghotki Feeder, Begari Feeder, Desert and Pat Feeder canals.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.