S.M. Zafar, (Born 1930) is a Pakistani human rights activist, noted lawyer (Senior Advocate Supreme Court), politician, and present Senator, PML-Q.
Zafar began his career as a lawyer in the 1950s. He played an important role during the 1958 imposition of martial law in Pakistan and again in forcing amendments to Pakistan’s 1962 constitution, which at first did not have sufficient protections for basic human rights. After serving as a judge of the high court and as Pakistan’s minister for law and parliamentary affairs, Zafar retired from the government in 1968 and started his own law practice
Federal Minister for Law and Parliamentary Affairs, Government of Pakistan (1965–69), President High Court Bar Association, Lahore (1975), President Supreme Court Bar Association (1976), Chairman Human Right Society of Pakistan. Chairman Cultural Association of Pakistan. Chancellor of Hamdard University.
- Through the Crisis (1971)
- Who is Dictator? (Urdu: dictator kaun?)
- People, Parliament and Islam (Urdu: Awam, parliament and Islam)
- Haj - A Journey in Obedience
- Views & Reviews (Urdu: Tazkaray-Jaizay)
- Understanding Statutes (1997)
- My Popular Law Cases (Urdu: Mere Mashoor Mukkadamay)(میرے مشہور مقد مے)
- Pakistan Benaam Corruption "Awam KI Adalat Mein"
- Politics in the Court of Law (Urdu: Adalat Mein Siyasat)
- Dialogues on the Political Chess Board